The advent of social media and other emerging technology has led many businesses to increasingly rely on sleek new digital marketing techniques but outdoor marketing still continues to be an effective choice, despite being one of the oldest and traditional marketing strategies. With significantly more working professionals, longer commutes and more miles covered by a record number of vehicles, the audience for outdoor is growing at a tremendous speed. So, it makes a lot of sense for businesses to concentrate their efforts on outdoor marketing.
According to marketing experts, outdoor marketing should be treated as an investment which can earn a threefold return on the amount invested. It not only increases the recognizability of the product but also reinforces the marketing messages. If creatively done, outdoor marketing can work wonders.
What exactly is outdoor marketing?
Outdoor marketing refers to advertising campaigns that employ outdoor media such as billboards, transit vehicles and other types of outdoor signs including the signs used on the outside of the businesses. It can also include the efforts taken to promote a company’s objectives, products, and services even on its own vehicle fleet. Outdoor marketing is not just using billboards in high footfall areas or beside the busiest roads but also includes huge posters, benches, and signs. It also includes advertising done on buses, trains, taxis, shopping center lifts, and bus stops.
Top features of outdoor marketing
- Localizes your selling message or business message to geographical or demographic targets
- Delivery of your message in an uncluttered environment using attractive designs and colors
- Delivers repeated message exposure of your selling message to today’s highly mobile customers
- Develops consumer awareness of selling message quickly and develops opportunities of your selling message to a high percentage of your target audience
- Creates non-stop 24-hour exposure to the public eye
Top benefits of outdoor marketing
- You get more exposure for the marketing dollars spent
- You can save money by minimizing the exhausted exposures that target your non-prospects
- Your business/selling message will be seen by the consumers
- You have an edge over your competitors
- You have a tailored outdoor marketing plan that fits your budget and demographics you want to target
- You have more consumer traffic and facilitate impulse buying of the featured products and services
- You can get more instantaneous returns on your advertising and inventory investments
- You save administrative time and money while getting benefits from a professionally created and implemented an outdoor campaign.
Best strategies for effective outdoor marketing
Outdoor marketing can be a massive boon for you. It all depends on striking the right tone, getting the actual striking design and making sure the advertisement is seen in an effective range of locations. Here are a few tips for getting most out of your outdoor marketing efforts.
Keep your message simple – It is important to keep the business message simple. If people are driving or traveling, you will have a small window to make an impact on them. You need to make your advertising messages short and to the point. Get one idea succinctly instead of a long story as nobody will be slowing down to absorb your complex story.
Place your message at the right place -You need to make sure you have your advertisement in a range of locations. This might be anywhere where you have access to potential traffic, be it on the side of the bus, on a billboard, on a train or in a bus shelter. Ensure that your advertisement is strategically placed so that it has maximum views.
Create an advertisement for prolonged customer exposure –Outdoor marketing is a long-term strategy. You should have the aim to implant your brand’s message in your customer’s mind through prolonged exposure. It is not necessary to add call-to-action to your outdoor marketing campaign. Instead, you need to build a profile and recognition in order to make your business a part of your potential audience awareness.
Choose best spots and spaces for outdoor marketing -Your outdoor marketing campaign should not be only about using huge billboards on the side of the road. There can be much more things for promoting your business outdoors. Your choice will be well-driven by how better you understand your target market. Poster spots and advertising signs placed on your locality can raise your company’s profile and drive sales. The transport network too offers a golden chance to advertise outdoors. Advertising done on buses, trains, tubes and taxis are highly visible. One of the main advantages here is your advertisements put you in front of your captive audience. It is good to advertise on public transport if most of audiences you want to target are business people and commuters in your demographic.
Hope you found the above post interesting!
Get in touch with a consultant with good hands-on experience in outdoor marketing if you want to have a robust outdoor marketing strategy in place for boosting your presence in your local area and branding purposes.